Managing PartnerCONTACT INFORMATION
2100 Ross Avenue, Suite 800
Dallas, Texas 75201
John is an experienced, well-respected civil trial lawyer who handles high-stakes litigation for corporations and individuals will complex business and personal legal situations. He practices in Texas and nationwide. He has handled complex civil cases for businesses and individuals, including energy-sector litigation, breach of contract matters, “bet the company” litigation, and intricate cases involving hundreds of parties and causes of action.
He received his J.D. and his M.B.A. from Southern Methodist University, where he received multiple honors, including graduating Summa Cum Laude, highest honors. He earned his B.A. in History and Political Science from the University of Texas.
He is a member of the State Bar of Texas and admitted to practice before the U.S. Federal Court of Appeal for the 5th circuit, the U.S. District Court and U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas, the U.S. District Court and U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Texas, the U.S. District Court and U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Texas, and the U.S. District Court and U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas.
John has recovered tens of millions for clients throughout Texas, including:
- - $4.3 million recovery for a spouse in a dispute involving a family business (2015);
- - $1.1 million recovery for property owners in condemnation action (2015);
- - $1.5 million recovery in a lawsuit concerning the ownership of a Hill Country ranch (2014);
- - $2.0 million recovery in a lawsuit among a secured creditor, landlord, and restaurant operator (2014);
- - $3.0 million recovery in multiple lawsuits for a health care services provider (2011-2013);
- - $4.0 million recovery in a lawsuit involving a partnership dispute (2010);
- - $1.5 million recovery in a lawsuit involving ownership of real property and conversion of assets (2008); and
- - $1.2 million recovery for plaintiffs in fraudulent tax-shelter litigation (2006-2007);
He has also defeated in trial millions of dollars sought by Plaintiffs, including:
- - $20.0 million sought by a partner in a partnership dispute (2016-2019);
- - $4.0 million sought in a trade secret, breach of contract, and fiduciary duty lawsuit (2011);
- - $1.1 million sought in a construction defect lawsuit (2007); and
- - Over $3.0 million sought by the IRS in tax audit litigation.
John has also managed multi-year, multi-state litigation with state court, federal court, and bankruptcy court elements involving an entity with hundreds of subsidiaries and over $100.0 million in assets and liabilities.
Southern Methodist University, J.D. 2006, Summa Cum Laude
Southern Methodist University, M.B.A. 2006
University of Texas at Austin, B.A. 2003